As global Megatrends are changing the future of vehicle design, we are reimagining interiors – seamlessly integrating look, feel and function for a better user experience.
We combine in-house development and close collaboration with our customers’ to develop trim solutions that add emotion and function to interior design.
Functional integration, Light- & Electronic elements
More than ever, we strive to be individual, whether through our actions, our lifestyle or our look. It is very important for us to be in an emotional environment where we feel comfortable.
Just like in an automobile: Individual mobility has become a basic need. In addition to exceptional designs and materials, light integration and smart technology play an increasingly important role. Inter alia, the technology more and more recede into the background and only with direct need control elements appear.
The interior of a vehicle is increasingly becoming a living environment. For this reason, we at NBHX TRIM GROUP are developing products for the vehicle interior, which take into account the desire for comfort in the mobile environment by means of the intelligent integration of lighting and operating functions.
We develop new solutions with our customers, which help to make the automotive interior even more individual and functional at the next level.
Innovative trim part generation with biopolymer materials
In order to reduce or replace the proportion of engineering plastics in new product generation, we have developed hamp-fiber-reinforced polypropylene for the automotive and consumer goods industries.
- The granulate (Nature50) can be used for injection molding and extrusion, and exhibits exceptionally good mechanical properties and a unique fiber optics, since long fibers are retained by a special pelleting process.
Unique specific character:
Mechanical properties close to PC ABS GF 20 material
- Dart impact strength
- Shrinkage (PC ABS GF20 = 0,24%; Nature 50 = 0,26%)
More than 50% natural long fibers in hemp or flax
- No chemical bonding materials, molded mat
- No sharp edge after break
- Cold pressed pellets, no extrusion pellets
Weight reduction to PC ABS GF20 up to 20%
2. Nonwoven Natural fiber
- The nonwoven fabric made from a combination of natural and synthetic fibers exhibits similarly good physical properties with regard to impact strength and weight. With the aid of the non-woven natural fiber, there is the possibility of a variation in the back-injection of conventional plastic and the Nature 50. Herewith the CCO2 emission can be reduced by 30-40% and a weight reduction of 10%.
In 2015, HIB Trim Part Solutions received the “Bio-based Material of the year” innovation prize, which is awarded to the biomaterial industry for innovative applications and marketing of bio-based products.
The AFBW connects science and business, people and markets, technologies and application fields – from the fibre to the finished product. We are now part of this innovative network and look forward to an interesting exchange.